All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionTime and Poverty in Western Welfare States is the English-language adaptation of one of the most important contributions to welfare ecomics published in recent years. Professors Leibfried and Leisering offer a time-based (dynamic) analysis of the study of poverty, and suggest the need for a radical re-think of conventional theoretical and policy approaches. The core of this study is the empirical analysis of the life course of recipients of 'Social Assistance' in Germany, although the conclusions are put into a wider context of socio-ecomic and socio-political analysis and comparative observations are made with other countries, tably the USA. Time, Life and Poverty will be of interest to upper-level students, researchers and policy-makers in a wide range of social science disciplines, including: ecomics, social policy, sociology, psychology and European studies.
- Author(s)Lutz Leisering,Stephan Leibfried
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2001
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note17 b/w illus.
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byJohn Veit-Wilson
- Foreword byLord Ralf Dahrendorf
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.