All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are two very special 'egg timers' in the world, both capable of transporting their handlers to any specific time they wish to visit...or that the timer wishes them to visit. Down-and-out suicidal loner Arthur Benjamin discovers one of these timers and unwittingly transports Tatiana Nicolaivna, a Grand Duchess of 1918 Imperial Russia confined to the Ipatiev House with her family, to his sanctuary by the sea in present-day South Africa. Both equally alarmed, confused and traumatised by the event, the two are shocked to learn that this is t the first time in history that this kind of occurrence has been encountered. On a mission to uncover the truth behind certain historical events, Arthur and Tatiana begin to experience the timer's power as they discover what isn't recorded in today's history books. But they aren't the only ones with a mysterious egg timer - the unscrupulous Winston Peabody, a master jewel thief from 1912, has stolen the other timer and won't stop until Tatiana tells him where the most valuable of the Faberge eggs is hidden...Through their experiences, Arthur regains his courage, humour and unselfishness while Tatiana gains the independence and freedom she could never have in her Imperial confinement. But the rules dictate that Tatiana must fulfil her destiny and return to the dreaded Ipatiev House. As the bond between them grows, Arthur realises that he cant leave her to face that fate alone. Time for Tanechka is a thrilling journey through history, with the quiet power of the mysterious egg timers simmering in the background of Arthur and Tatiana's adventure. Any fans of historical fiction will enjoy this gripping read.
- Author BiographyBorn in England at the tender age of zero, N.A. Millington found himself reborn in South Africa at the slightly more mature age of thirty three. During those thirty years in Africa he developed a keen interest in European history, from Stonehenge to the Great War. He is due to return to England with his family to settle in Dorset.
- Author(s)N. A. Millington
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $94.28
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.