Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionTime of Grief is an anthology of poems divided into forty-nine days of mourning: forty-nine days of mourning: reflecting a period of grieving as observed in Buddhist and Judaic traditions. Each day's reading consists of one or more poems by some of the world's most celebrated poets from diverse cultures and centuries, from classical times to today. Seventy-five writers from over twenty countries confront illness, loss, love lost, death and mortality, through moving requiems and lamentations, elegies and eulogies. Reaffirming poetry's ancient and intimate link with ritual, this collection opens up a calendrical, spiritual space for readers to experience bereavement as a means toward transformation.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Yang is the author of the poetry books Vanishing-Line and An Aquarium. He is the translator of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Liu Xiaobo's June Fourth Elegies and Su Shi's East Slope, and the editor of Birds, Beasts, and Seas: Nature Poems from New Directions. He works as an editor at New Directions Publishing and New York Review Books.
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/02/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight166 g
- Width115 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Yang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.