All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
About this product
- DescriptionOut on the islands that poke their rocky shores above the waters of Pebscot Bay, you can watch the time of the world go by, from minute to minute, hour to hour, from day to day... So begins McCloskey's classic story of one summer on a Maine island. The spell of rain, the gulls and a foggy morning, the excitement of sailing, the quiet of the night, the sudden terror of a hurrican, and, in the end, the peace of the island as the family packs up to leave are shown in poetic language and vibrant, evocative pictures.
- Author BiographyRobert McCloskey (1914-2003) wrote and illustrated some of the most honored and enduring children's books ever published. He grew up in Hamilton, Ohio, and spent time in Boston, New York, and ultimately Maine, where he and his wife raised their two daughters. The first ever two-time Caldecott Medal winner, for Make Way for Ducklings and Time of Wonder, McCloskey was also awarded Caldecott Honors for Blueberries for Sal, One Morning in Maine, and Journey Cake, Ho! by Ruth Sawyer. He was declared a Living Legend by the Library of Congress in 2000. You can see some of his best-loved characters immortalized as statues in Boston's Public Garden and Lentil Park in Hamilton, Ohio.
- Author(s)Robert McCloskey
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication31/08/1989
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitlePicture Puffin books
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Out-of-print date28/01/2010
- Content Notecol Illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width204 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.