All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA populist and controversial book that explains in easy to understand and chatty style what problems face Britain in the UK and how they can be solved. In this book controversial Member of the European Parliament David Campbell Bannerman puts forward a radical alternative to UK membership of the European Union. Unlike many dry political tracts, this book takes a lively and engaging look at the awkward position Britain has got itself into. Drawing on his background in the real world outside of politics - most tably in the railway business - Campbell Bannerman explains in easy to understand terms and with a chatty writing style exactly what the problems are, how they affect the man in the street and what can be done about it. With the help of carefully arranged fact, figures and opinions, Campbell Bannerman argues it is time for Britain to Jump out of the EU and into a position that he has dubbed EEA Lite . This is positioned between the EEA Agreement that Norway enjoys and Swiss bilateral arrangements. He charts how Britain could take the EEA as a basis and lighten it up to suit Britain's unique strengths and needs. He sees the UK will leave the EU single market as 90% of the UK ecomy has thing to do with EU trade but is forced to apply its laws. He also envisions UK exporters accepting EU laws while bringing in Swiss-style tougher visa-based immigration controls for EU nationals.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author David Campbell Bannerman has had a colourful and varied career. He has been a Conservative Parliamentary Candidate, a UKIP MEP, Chairman of UKIP, and is now a Conservative MEP for the East of England. David Campbell Bannerman has long-standing connections with the area and has family there. David was first elected to the European Parliament in June 2009.
- Author(s)David Campbell Bannerman
- PublisherBretwalda Books
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationEpsom
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBretwalda Books
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.