Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a layman's guide to Dublin's historic public clocks and bells, and doubles as a guidebook, since a little history is included about the various buildings and places. The book includes churches, Town Halls, pubs, shops, houses, colleges, Government buildings, hospitals, parks, to name but a few. The famous Water Clock in Bray is included, as is Dublin's oldest working clock in the former Dr Steevens Hospital, and the oldest working clock in the country, St Mary's Church, Blessington. There are photographs of fascinating and gaily coloured live clock machines, some of which are hundreds of years old, and numerous famous bells. Although the theme of the book is time, the book is also a wonderful insight into what makes Dublin tick.
- Author BiographyAuthor of: Harolds Cross, Mount Merrion, Haslams Gold, Selected Churches of Dublin.
- Author(s)Joe Curtis
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.