All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTime's Tidings is a rich and varied collection of poems on the theme of time. Edited and introduced by the author of the award-winning Mean Time , it is published from Greenwich, the heart of Britain's millennium celebrations. Carol Ann Duffy has chosen poems by fifty contemporary poets - 25 men and 25 women, from all parts of the UK and Ireland - representing a cross-section of the liveliest poetry w being written. In addition, each of these poets has chosen ather poem from the heritage of poetry in English. Thus the anthology travels through time and place as it reflects the meaning of time in our lives.
- Author BiographyCarol Ann Duffy was born in Glasgow in 1955. Her awards include first prize in the 1983 National Poetry Competition; three Scottish Arts Council Book Awards; Eric Gregory, Somerset Maugham and Dylan Thomas Awards in Britain and a 1995 Lannan Literary Award in the USA. In 1993 she received the Forward Poetry Prize and the Whitbread Poetry Award for her acclaimed fourth collection 'Mean Time'. The anthologies she has edited include 'Anvil New Poets 2' and two for teenagers, 'I Wouldn't Thank You for a Valentine' and 'Stopping for Death'. Her 'Selected Poems' is published by Penguin; her most recent collections 'The World's Wife' and 'Feminine Gospels' are published by Picador.
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight215 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byCarol Ann Duffy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.