All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI think Timmy and Tammy s Train of Thought has replaced Thomas the Train in our house! - BabyLuxe If you have a son who s hooked on Thomas [the Tank Engine] and have eugh toys to fill up the Island of Sodor, here s a fun book to pique his interest in something else...It s a perfect story for bedtime that you won t mind reading over and overand over again. Momfinds.com The details in the drawings are incredible and tell a rich story in themselvesThe book is geared for audiences aged four to eight, so the words are few and the pictures are grandiose. It's sure to be a favorite for young readers and parents and grandparents alike, and if I've learned anything about favorite picture books, it will be requested so much even the kids will have it memorized almost word for word in time...Timmy & Tammy's Train of Thought is a new favorite for me. In fact, I have several little boys and girls for whom I'm planning on purchasing a copy and I'm very picky when it comes to buying books for young readers. I can't think of a higher compliment to pay to Oliver and Heath. - Model Railroad News All aboard with this joyful celebration of the railroad! Timmy and his sister Tammy love trains, so their parents treat them to the ride of their lives. Sitting on the smallest scale engine, the children begin a magical journey that transports them onto ever-larger locomotives and brings their ultimate fantasy to life. From streetcars and subways to bullet and freight trains, Timmy and Tammy see new colors and hear fresh sounds. Traveling through the countryside and city, the kids cross tunnels, bridges, and highways and revel in a dazzling daydream. Marvelously detailed illustrations will rivet readers by conveying the rhythm and energy of a seamless experience. Wonderfully engaging for repeat reading, this tale is ideal for introducing trains, colors, and sounds to young readers. Plus, the surprising final destination makes this a perfect bedtime story and gift for train-lovers of all ages. the future of our great hobby may be hidden in the pages of books like this...The book is extremely well illustrated, with interesting and detailed scenes that will capture the attention of both child and parent alike...This is the type of children's book that any parent or grandparent will be happy to share with a youngster. The future of our hobby is with the young; children's books like this will only help the cause. It clearly shows the romance of rails everywhere. - Canadian Railway Modeller magazine The illustrations are one of the strengths of this book, as they are colourful, with quite a lot of detail and depict extremely expressive happy children throughout...Timmy & Tammy's Train of Thought is a fun and entertaining story that could make a welcome Christmas present for the young enthusiast, as wells as attracting pre-schoolers who have a passing interest in trains. - Australian Model Railway Magazine
- Author BiographyOliver Chin is the author of The Tales from the Chinese Zodiac series, Welcome to Monster Isle, Baltazar and the Flying Pirates, Julie Black Belt, Timmy and Tammy s Train of Thought, and The Adventures of WonderBaby. His family lives in San Francisco, California. Heath McPherson is a commercial animator who has illustrated for Dreamworks and Disney. A real train-lover, he and his wife reside near Birmingham, Alabama.
- Author(s)Oliver Chin
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width285 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Heath McPherson
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.