All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Like you, Timothy, I was much too young to remember being baptised,' began Grandpa, 'but I think about it a lot. It makes me tingle even when I haven't been in the sea...and remember: although water can only clean our outsides, what Jesus goes on doing for us is cleansing our insides too.' When his baby sister Teresa is baptised, Timothy Bear learns a lot about what baptism really means - and he discovers that some lessons are easier to learn than others! Timothy Bear and the Baptism Box contains 12 easy-to-read stories, each exploring a different symbol or action found either in the Church of England baptism service or in the wider baptism journey. The stories lead to the creation of a child's own Baptism Box. An ideal gift for 4-7s, to help them engage with the true meaning of baptism. Baptism symbols and themes include: Water Oil The lighted candle Repentance Forgiveness through the sacrifice of Jesus The meaning of the Trinity Keeping promises Service Perseverance Becoming part of God's family Growing as a Christian
- Author BiographyBrian Sears is a trained teacher with nearly 40 years experience of primary education. He was head teacher at Yorke Mead School, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire from 1980 until his early retirement in 1997 and now continues teaching in one-to-one private tuition. In 1984 Brian had six stories published by NCEC in an anthology, A yearful of stories, and has contributed to the SU Bible Reading notes, Snapshots, for primary school aged children. For the last eleven football seasons Brian has realised his other passion, in that he has written a weekly column in the Independent based around statistics of Premiership football. Eight years ago Scripture Union and CPO jointly published Brian's record of Christians working in the football industry Goal! Winning, Losing and Life, the writing of which involved Brian in meeting the likes of Cyrille Regis, and a memorable visit to Old Trafford to interview Manchester United's secretary and chaplain. Brian frequently leads church services by invitation in Hertfordshire, mainly in the Baptist tradition. He is an enthusiastic Watford FC supporter, two highlights being the play-off victory eight years ago at Wembley and telling a story about Timothy Bear at the club's annual Carol Service. Brian has published three books about Timothy Bear for Barnabas, Through the Year with Timothy Bear (2006), Looking forward to Christmas with Timothy Bear (2009) and Countdown to Christmas with Timothy Bear (2010).
- Author(s)Brian Sears
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarnabas for Children
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.