All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTincup and the Tornado delivers the answers kids want! Tincup is a tiny oak tree living on the bank of a creek. When he experiences his first tornado, it is both terrifying and bewildering. Afterward, despite the destruction of his familiar landscape, Tincup finds new strength and hope-plus he finally has a clear view of the Beaver Pond he's always yearned to see! His story brings a whimsical, lighthearted truth to a very serious weather issue. Children are fascinated with severe weather, and with the recent tornado disasters in the South and Midwestern United States, this interest can also be laced with fear of the unkwn. This book brings those feelings to the forefront and offers a two-page, up-to-date informational section relating to tornado history, tornado safety, and tornado vocabulary. Tincup and the Tornado is the first selection in a series of books dealing with weather disasters, written especially for children.
- Author(s)Leah Scott
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.