All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrash landings, faulty engines, lightning strikes, drunken passengers, shonky owners, heroic pilots - Ross Isaacson has seen them all; and from what he reckons is the best seat in the house. After 33 years criss-crossing Australia in almost anything that flies, 'Rossco' lays back and takes a tongue-in-cheek look at commercial aviation over almost four decades. Sacked one day, employed the next he takes us on a rollicking flight from his early days in gliding to piloting commuter and freight aircraft in the remotest corners of the country. His lively anecdotes embrace everyone from check-in chicks and refuellers to chief pilots and owners plus star characters such as George Harrison and Tom Jones. There are harsh words for the shonks and warm praise for the good guys - and always with Aussie larrikin wit and humour. Rossco's jargon-free recollections open a fresh window on to a vital part of Australian life beyond the capital cities. The tale is interspersed with his sketches and pithy poems plus a host of photographs taken from his tiny office with the greatest views in Australia.
- Author(s)Ross Isaacson
- PublisherSid Harta Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationHartwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSid Harta Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.