All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNamed for Leland Hickman's unfinished, long poem, Tiresias, this volume gathers all of the poetry published during Hickman's lifetime as well as unpublished pieces drawn from his archives at the University of California, San Diego. With this book, Hickman's invative, emotional, and absolutely unique confessional verse will join the landscape of twentieth century American experimental poetry.
- Author BiographyLos Angeles poet and editor LELAND HICKMAN (1934-1991) was the author of two collections of poetry: Great Slave Lake Suite (1980), which was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Award, and Lee Sr. Falls to the Floor (1991). His poetry also appeared in The Hudson Review, Bachy, LA Weekly, Los Angeles Herald Examiner, Little Caesar, Invisible City, Box Car, and the anthology The Streets Inside: Ten Los Angeles Poets. He was the editor of the poetry journal Temblor, which ran for 10 issues during the 1980s. DENNIS PHILLIPS'S many books of poetry include Credence, Study for the Ideal City, and Sand. BILL MOHR'S Backlit Renaissance: Los Angeles Poets During the Cold War is forthcoming from the University of Iowa Press in 2010.
- Author(s)Bill Mohr,Dennis Phillips,Leland Hickman,Stephen Motika
- PublisherNightboat Books
- Date of Publication12/01/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightboat Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.