All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Jack Laney wakes on an ordinary morning in early summer to the familiar sounds and smells that populate his small world. Taking his time to savor it all and dream for a moment of what the day might bring, he is unaware that he will soon be uprooted from the people and places and things that have given him life and security and happiness. When the reality finally sinks in the resulting struggle heightens each and every experience of his last months in familiar surroundings and amplifies the importance of every moment. He finds his desire to hang on is as strong as his need to let go. Where there was once just a girl from the neighboring farm there is w a mystery, where before there were three old ladies he was forced to visit in the dimness of a room they have t left for many years there are w three great aunts who reveal lives and loves and dreams he had never imagined to be a part of their lives. The young boy's story and where he finds himself reveals a greater story of many loves and many losses, of youth and first love, of adult wisdom, of nurturing and of family. For our hero it is a story fraught with the thrill and the pain of coming of age with all of its many rights of passage. Yet, it is also the story of those who came before him and how they shaped his life.
- Author BiographyJack is originally from Minnesota but moved to the Northwest with his family when he was young. He completed his undergraduate work at Gonzaga University with a double major in English and Theater, received his MA in Theater Arts from Washington State University and continued his doctoral studies at Northwestern University. An educator for over thirty years, Jack devoted his life to teaching English and Theater to young people. His is an actor, director and devoted supporter of theater on all levels. This is Jack's first novel. It is the culmination of 20 years of work and, although the novel is fiction, it reflects his own roots, his love of family and the gifts they have given him and the beauty of the Irish soul.
- Author(s)J E Delehanty
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.