All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionTitanic is the most famous ship in history and the extraordinary story of her construction and loss continues to capture the human imagination. Even before she sailed in 1912 Titanic was making headlines as the world's largest ship, symbolising the confidence and certainties of her era. Built at Harland & Wolff's massive shipyard in Belfast, Titanic took four years, and the expertise of thousands of skilled men, to complete. This new edition of Michael McCaughan's acclaimed book, The Birth of the Titanic (1998), is a visual chronicle of that superhuman achievement set against the backdrop of an age of industry, entrepreneurship and political tensions. Written and compiled by internationally recognised Titanic expert Michael McCaughan, it captures the spirit and vision of the people who built the vast leviathan and the stories of those who sailed on her, describing in detail the construction and launch of the ship as well as the disaster and its aftermath and giving fresh insights into why Titanic continues to fascinate and inspire. Using stunning contemporary photographs from the official Harland & Wolff photographic archive as well as sources such as diaries, postcards, letters and White Star publicity this definitive book from Titanic's homeland is an exciting, moving and richly illustrated account of Titanic's remarkable story. A fitting tribute to this iconic lost ship.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL MCCAUGHAN is Head of Transport in the National Museums and Galleries of Northern Ireland. As a curator at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum for forty years his work has focused mainly on the study and interpretation of Irish maritime history and traditions. He is recognised for his groundbreaking research on the Titanic and has organised a number of important exhibitions on the this subject.
- Author(s)Michael McCaughan
- PublisherBlackstaff Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBelfast
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackstaff Press Ltd
- Content NoteFully illustrated
- Weight1383 g
- Width276 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.