All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you make hats? Where do you start? Hilary Peach, who taught millinery (hat-making) for thirty years in colleges in and around the Hampshire area, is the ideal person to tell you! Titivate begins with an introduction telling how the author became interested in millinery. This includes the successes of some of her students and many diagrams and photographs to illustrate the wonderful hats created. The main part of the book is a comprehensive but easy-to-follow guide to the world of millinery, with instructions for making a soft sculptured hat, a gentleman's cap and blocked hats for special occasions. Hat-making can be fun and exciting when you learn all the processes!
- Author BiographyHilary Peach's first work was in a highly reputable fashion department where expensive gowns were sent to the alteration work room, to be adjusted to customer requirements. This gave her the insight to see how the sewing workshops operated and encouraged her to obtain qualifications in both subjects. Subsequently, she began formal training, City & Guilds, at a fashion college, which included a further education teacher's certificate. On completion Hilary taught crafts, dressmaking and millinery for 30 years in a part-time capacity, alongside taking on private commissions for fashion and millinery. Her work has been seen at Buckingham Palace, New York Sailing Club, Claridge's and many society weddings.
- Author(s)Hilary Peach
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.