All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet amid the latter days of the Roman Empire, this tragedy of a military and political leader bent on vengeance is fictional rather than historical. Shakespeare modeled the play on the violent and gory revenge dramas fashionable among his contemporaries, and the plot encompasses horrifying incidents of rape, murder, and mutilation.
- Author BiographyHe was not of an age, but for all time, declared Ben Jonson of his contemporary William Shakespeare (1564-1616). Jonson's praise is especially prescient, since at the turn of the 17th century Shakespeare was but one of many popular London playwrights and none of his dramas were printed in his lifetime. The reason so many of his works survive is because two of his actor friends, with the assistance of Jonson, assembled and published the First Folio edition of 1623.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight45 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.