To Barcelona and Beyond: The Men Who Lived Rangers' European Dream by Paul Smith (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.64+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
About this product
- DescriptionOf the 113 trophies Glasgow Rangers boast, only one was claimed on foreign shores. The triumph over Moscow Dynamo in the 1972 European Cup Winners' Cup final in the famous Nou Camp Stadium is the achievement four decades of Rangers teams have tried, and failed to emulate. Forty years on, To Barcelona and Beyond charts the twists and turns of that famous European campaign and tells the real story of the men who made it happen. Through in-depth interviews with the Nou Camp heroes and comprehensive profiles, this unique collection of tales reveals how each of the eleven homegrown players found themselves at the centre of one of Scotland's rare European triumphs and just where football's rollercoaster took them in the 40 years that followed. The class of '72 included Scottish player of the year winners Sandy Jardine, John Greig, David Smith and Derek Johnstone, as well as fellow internationals Peter McCloy, Alfie Conn, Colin Stein, Alex McDonald and Willie Johnston. They fused together on a May night in Spain to create football history. Each has a fascinating story to tell of the ups and downs that life in the Old Firm goldfish bowl created. For the generations of football fans too young to have witnessed the success of '72, this expanded and updated edition, originally published by Breedon Press, is an unmissable guide to the men who conquered Europe with Rangers. For the tens of thousands who celebrated all those years ago, it represents an emotional stroll down memory lane.
- Author BiographyPaul Smith's love affair with football began two-and-a-half decades ago, and he has maintained the link with the beautiful game by a career in journalism as the sports news editor for the Press and Journal. He launched his career a decade ago with DC Thomson in Dundee, working on the Courier, Evening Telegraph, Sunday Post and Sporting Post as a news and sports reporter. Paul is also the son of David Smith, the former Scotland defender who was a key member of the '72 Rangers winners.
- Author(s)Paul Smith
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Note16pp b&w illustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.