Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
About this product
- DescriptionTo Be Left Alone opens with Jonathan Vick remembering the tragic murder of his family. Since that day, Vick has been consumed with finding a solution to the plagues of the world. Under his motto of differences breed tension, and tension breeds violence, he decides to create his own version of paradise, Janna. The utopian society he establishes is composed of people of the same race, religion and income level, with the help of friends Merrill, James, and the family corporation. However, after meeting his longtime obsession, an anchorwoman named Melissa Macer, Jonathan Vick quickly becomes enthralled in her love and the continuing problems of Janna. After delivering the opening speech declaring Janna's existence, the new civilization falls under American's scrutiny, and the author paints a dramatic turn of events that make Vick wonder if Janna was the best idea. With the death of a board member, Merrill's disappearance, threats from a Neo-Nazi group, and government intervention, Vick tries to persevere while keeping Melissa at his side. Is Vick's ideology wrong? Is Janna doomed? Readers will keep turning the pages of this compelling, controversial, and unique journey to find out.
- Author(s)Johnny Clinton Irvin
- Date of Publication05/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.