All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAs Beth Pears began to write this book in 2010, she had idea that two years later she would be living her own story. In this semi-autobiographical vel that mirrors the life of literature teacher Beth Pears, Laney Willow is a well-loved, much-admired high school English teacher in rural Pennsylvania. In spite of personal setbacks, Laney remains steadfast, drawing from classic literature and her own trials to teach her students important life lessons. But when the worst setback of all-cancer-invades Laney's life, she will be forced to choose: continue to inspire others or give in to the horrible disease? As her students, co-workers, and family look on, Laney uses one of her favorite pieces of literature, Shakespeare's Hamlet, to come to her own decision of whether to be or t to be. This book is Beth Pears' final thesis. She worked tirelessly until the end while undergoing treatment for a rare, aggressive cancer. Her final draft of this book was completed just a few short weeks before she succumbed to the disease. While this book represents her life's work and parting thoughts to the world, the anecdotes and lessons contained in To Be or Not to Be Laney Willow convey her contagious passion for life. Beth Pears will continue to inspire others facing life's obstacles to choose to be, even when the going gets rough.
- Author BiographyBeth Pears graduated from Westminster College with a BA in English and political science, and Masters degrees in education and counseling, but she taught young people lessons that go beyond the classroom-to embrace the good in life, and love others no matter what life throws your way. Although Beth and her husband, Dru, could not have children, she chose to influence hundreds of children by starting and directing a Royal Family Kids Camp in Lawrence County, PA. In spite of losing her battle with cancer, Beth leaves an inspiring and empowering legacy of courage. Faithful husband to Beth Pears.
- Author(s)Beth Pears,Dru Pears
- PublisherDeep River Books LLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeep River Books LLC
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.