All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than fifty years, Dr. Cahill has been helping to heal the world, as a leading specialist in tropical medicine and as a driving force in humanitarian assistance and relief efforts around the globe. In this revised and expanded edition, he chronicles extraordinary achievements of compassion and commitment. Bringing together a rich selection of writings, he crafts a fascinating memoir of a life devoted to others. The book includes front-line reports from places under siege Leban, Somalia, Sudan, Nicaragua, Gaza, and Ireland; there are also visionary essays from the origins of the AIDS epidemic and landmine crises, and less passionate concerns of his own experiences of pain and suffering as well as of joy and beauty in the worlds in which he has traveled. As the distinguished neurologist and author Oliver Sacks, M.D., tes in his endorsement, These essays, by turns elegiac, lyrical, funny, tender, stalgic, and vehemently impassioned, come together in an ongoing tapestry, a portrait of a dedicated physician who has dared to make a difference.
- Author BiographyKevin M. Cahill, M.D., is the author and editor of many books, including, most recently, History and Hope: The International Humanitarian Reader (Fordham). He is University Professor and Director of Fordham University's Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs and Clinical Professor of Tropical Medicine and Molecular Parasitology at New York University and has served as Chief Adviser on Humanitarian Affairs and Public Health for three Presidents of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Author(s)Kevin M. Cahill
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication21/06/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Series TitleInternational Humanitarian Affairs (FUP)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight545 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.