All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than fifty years, Dr. Cahill has been helping to heal the world, as a leading specialist in tropical medicine and as a driving force in humanitarian assistance and relief efforts around the globe. In this revised and expanded edition, he chronicles extraordinary achievements of compassion and commitment. Bringing together a rich selection of writings, he crafts a fascinating memoir of a life devoted to others. The book includes front-line reports from places under siege-Leban, Somalia, Sudan, Nicaragua, Gaza, and Ireland; there are also visionary essays from the origins of the AIDS epidemic and landmine crises, and less passionate concerns of his own experiences of pain and suffering-as well as of joy and beauty-in the worlds in which he has traveled. As the distinguished neurologist and author Oliver Sacks, M.D., tes in his endorsement, These essays, by turns elegiac, lyrical, funny, tender, stalgic, and vehemently impassioned, come together in an ongoing tapestry, a portrait of a dedicated physician who has dared to make a difference.
- Author BiographyKevin M. Cahill, M.D., is the author and editor of many books, including, most recently, History and Hope: The International Humanitarian Reader (Fordham). He is University Professor and Director of Fordham University's Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs and Clinical Professor of Tropical Medicine and Molecular Parasitology at New York University and has served as Chief Adviser on Humanitarian Affairs and Public Health for three Presidents of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Author(s)Kevin M. Cahill
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Series TitleInternational Humanitarian Affairs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight423 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.