To Carry the Horn: A Virginian in Elfland by Karen Myers (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook 1 of The Hounds of Annwn.NEW JOB, NEW FAMILY, AND IN TWO WEEKS THE END OF A WORLD HE'S JUST DISCOVERED, IF HE CAN'T RISE TO THE CHALLENGE. George Talbot Traherne is just doing his job on a fine autumn morning, keeping the hounds together for the huntsman of the Rowanton Hunt in Virginia along the Blue Ridge Mountain. Doesn't pay to get distracted by a white stag in unfamiliar territory, though. Next thing you kw, you might find yourself... somewhere else. The land is the same but t the people. Their huntsman has just been murdered, and George is tapped for the job. It's an emergency - the Wild Hunt is only two weeks away, and if it doesn't happen on schedule, the antlered god Cernuns will take the realm from its ruler Gwyn ap Nudd and find someone who can mete out justice with the Hounds of Hell in his place. George throws himself into the task, finding strength in the mission and resources he never knew he had. The more he comes to feel at home, settling into his new responsibilities, the more he wants to stay and make a life for himself. He's finally met someone worth spending his life with, even if she's just a bit older, a mere fifteen hundred years or so. Can he keep the Wild Hunt on track despite the attempts to thwart it? Will he be accepted by those he wants to defend who view his timely presence and his human blood with suspicion? Above all, what does Cernuns want of him and how far will he go? Can he survive the attention of a god? Readers who are familiar with the sources of Arthurian literature such as the Mabigion will recognize many of the characters, flourishing still in the world we cant quite reach.
- Author BiographyKaren Myers writes, photographs, and fiddles from her log cabin in the Allegheny mountains of central Pennsylvania. A graduate of Yale University from Kansas City, Karen has lived with her husband, David Zincavage, in Connecticut, New York, Chicago, California, and more recently in the lovely foxhunting country of Virginia where they followed the activities of the Blue Ridge Hunt, the Old Dominion Hounds, the Ashland Bassets, and the Wolver Beagles.
- Author(s)Karen Myers
- PublisherPerkunas Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHounds of Annwn
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerkunas Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.