All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrucker and family man Ross Martin lives a fragile existence in the shadow of his past. His shame and guilt are compounded by a gut wrenching tragedy that shatters his marriage and his dignity. In an ugly world of despair-where suicide seems the only way out-only a shallow faith and love for family hold him back. When his truck is hijacked, he falls into the hands of a desperate criminal and gets a new perspective, along with a slim chance for redemption. But, w he must risk the life he thought he didn't want in order to claim it. To Catch a Cradle is an original vel that takes the reader into the souls of ordinary people struggling to find victory over life's insecurities, and offers hope for every person's deliverance.
- Author BiographyWords are vehicles that carry ideas and images. Words are the thread and fiber of humanity. Words separate us from the lower beasts and sustain us as we struggle to determine our purpose in creation. Words contain everything we are and are ever going to be. When God came to us, He called Himself 'The Word'. I began writing because nothing lights up my mind and allows my spirit to flow outward like words do. Of what value is the taste of life in every morsel of food, in each sweetly drawn breath, in the song of birds or crickets or a thousand other glories if they cannot be captured and shared with others? And what good is our suffering if what it teaches stays hidden within us? Words let us share it all, says this prize winning and versatile author. Howard Glass has experienced enough of life's trials and triumphs to believe that it all has meaning, and that nothing in God's economy is wasted. He strives to project that in his writing. Howard has worked at many tasks in life, from farmhand to independent businessman. As a trucker, he operated all over the US and some of Canada. He is a soldier in The Salvation Army, a speaker and a men's Bible teacher. This author published numerous short stories and dozens of articles in newspapers and magazines before finishing To Catch A Cradle, his first novel. Glass says: Some authors create characters that are larger than life; people who are extraordinary and do admirable things. I would rather create characters that a reader who has lived through some heartaches can identify with. People whose souls dance clumsily on that fine threshold between wholeness and insanity, the place where genuine spiritual growth happens. Once you have been there, you know what I mean.
- Author(s)Howard Glass
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication09/11/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.