All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Rob Lytle died at age 56, three decades after his football stardom at the University of Michigan ended and his professional career with the Denver Broncos began, his son Kelly Lytle poured his mix of grief, adulation, regret, gratitude, and even criticism into a series of letters to the man he considered his best friend. What began as catharsis evolved into a memoir that starts strong and gains steam the way Rob Lytle did in his dashes down the football field. To Dad, From Kelly adds dimensions as the author has the insight and candor to peel away the cachet of having a celebrity father and reveal the underside of an all-consuming devotion to a sport. Along the way, Kelly shares his difficulties with keeping sports competition in perspective. This reflection on an unusually close and complicated father-son bond will be entertaining, poignant, and inspiring for readers who love sports and those who don't because-although football provides a backdrop-the book is really about family, zeal, and character.
- Author BiographyIn 4th grade, Kelly Lytle lied to his parents for three months before confessing that he broke their television remote control. He's been telling tales ever since. Now, fueled by coffee and grounded in his love of storytelling, Kelly is the author of numerous stories, and his work has appeared in the short story anthology Something to Take on the Trip and on the news site Bonfire Impact. His first book, a memoir titled To Dad, From Kelly, details the lessons Kelly learned from his late father, former University of Michigan All-American and Denver Broncos running back, Rob Lytle. Kelly lives in Cleveland, Ohio, and you can visit him at www.kellylytle.com.
- Author(s)Kelly Lytle
- PublisherKelly Lytle
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKelly Lytle
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.