All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom acclaimed velist Elizabeth Chadwick comes a story of huge emotional power set against the road to Magna Carta and the fight to bring a tyrant king to heel. The privileged daughter of one of the most powerful men in England, Mahelt Marshal's life changes dramatically when her father is suspected of treachery by King John. Her brothers become hostages and Mahelt is married to Hugh Bigod, heir to the earldom of Norfolk. Adapting to her new life is hard, but Mahelt comes to love Hugh deeply; however, defying her father-in-law brings disgrace and heartbreak. When King John sets out to subdue the Bigods, Mahelt faces a heartbreaking battle, fearing neither she, r her marriage, is likely to survive the outcome ...Winner of the RNA Historical Novel Award 2011, TO DEFY A KING is magnificent in scope and detail, with characters that leap off the page - this is historical fiction at its finest.
- Author BiographyNew York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Chadwick has written over 20 historical novels sold in 18 languages worldwide. Her first novel, The Wild Hunt, won a Betty Trask Award, and The Scarlet Lion was nominated by Richard Lee, founder of the Historical Novel Society, as one of the top ten historical novels of the last decade. Elizabeth's nineteenth novel, To Defy a King, won the RNA Historical Novel Prize in 2011. Much of her research is carried out as a member of Regia Anglorum, an early medieval re-enactment society with the emphasis on accurately recreating the past. She lives in Nottingham. For more details on Elizabeth Chadwick and her books, visit www.elizabethchadwick.com, follow her on Twitter, read her blogs or chat to her on Facebook.
- PrizesWinner of Pure Passion Awards Historical Novel Prize 2011.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Chadwick
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleWilliam Marshal
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight370 g
- Width201 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.