All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionTo Finish is to Win recounts an epic story of adventure as two Australians, Harry and Cathy Hickling travel from Beijing to Paris in their 1938 MG during the 2007 Peking to Paris Rally. The book provides a wonderful insight into some remarkable locations in China, Mongolia, Russia and Europe. Harry and Cathy Hickling had to withstand the gruelling conditions of the Gobi Desert and the remotest areas of Mongolia. Together they forged on to drive 13,500 kilometres across the world's harshest terrain to arrive safely in Paris. As the story unfolds the reader is captivated by this story of endeavour as they confront river crossings, stand storms and the world's worst roads. Christie is the first pre-war MG to ever undertake such a journey, or drive to the top of the world crossing the Altay Mountains at over 2,500 metres in altitude. Along the route Harry and Cathy saw mystical and ancient Buddhist Monasteries and the Ancient City of Karakorum. This story of endurance provides a remarkable insight t only into their journey but also the journey of those original intrepid motorists of 1907.
- Author(s)Harry Hickling
- PublisherEclipse Pastoral
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationHall, ACT
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintEclipse Pastoral
- Content NoteFull colour photos
- Width260 mm
- Height250 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.