Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionA Short Story of my Life By Ann Denise Parsons ISBN: 978-1-84747-175-8 Published: 2007 Pages: 81 Key Themes: alcoholism, mis-diagsis, grief Description Ann's book is the poignant yet accessible memoir of being bought up with an alcoholic father. 'To Hell and Back' documents the effect that this, coupled with her parent's bitter divorce, can have on a yound mind. Throughout Ann searches for ways to explain her own troubled times. This is an excellently written and vividly descriptive narrative, a must read for anybody who has had similar experience to Ann. About the Author Ann was born in 1961 and grew up in Loughton in Essex until her parent's divorce when she was 22, when she moved with her mother to nearby Woodford Green. She w lives in Ilford in East London. Despite their father's alcoholism Ann and her sister both had horses and enjoyed an idyllic childhood, but things dramatically changed for Ann after her parent's bitter divorce. This set off a series of events that spiralled out of control. After several years of misdiagsis and tragedies, Ann has w found relative calm in which to tell her story. Ann is currently studying Life Coaching, Abstract Art and Sculpture and is w embarking on a Foundation Course in Art and Design. She is also a qualified gym instructor and personal trainer, as well as retaining her skills as a secretary and audio typist. Book Extract Firstly, I was aware from when I was a teenager that my dad had something 'wrong' with him. Later I was to find out that it was because he was an alcoholic. I first became aware of Alateen (12 step fellowship for teenagers of alcoholics) when I was 16 and went to my first meeting in Chelsea shortly afterwards, I then drove to Enfield when I was 17 (having passed my driving test first time at this age) to attend Alateen, where it was started by two American's - Bonny and George. These meetings were great and gave me the chance to talk about stuff that I couldn't really talk to anyone else about.
- Date of Publication02/02/2007
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight97 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.