Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.95+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by cathbooks64
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $81.39Trending at AU $83.63
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
About this product
- DescriptionLisa and Sol board the luxury ship St. Louis in Hamburg, Germany on May 13, 1939. They are Jewish, as are almost all of the 937 passengers on board, and although war has t been officially declared in Europe, the Nazis have been persecuting Jews for years. As they set sail for Cuba the atmosphere on the ship is optimistic, led by the German captain Gustave Schroeder, who is determined to see his passengers to safety. But as they learn that Hitler's propaganda has turned the country against them, the mood changes to despair. Denied entry from port after port the captain is forced to return his passengers to Europe and the Holocaust...
- Author BiographyKathy Kacer is the author of The Secret of Gabi's Dresser, The Underground Reporters, Clara's War, The Night Spies, Hiding Edith, The Diary of Laura's Twin and the non-fiction adult book Restitution: A Family's Fight for Their Heritage Lost in the Holocaust.
- Author(s)Kathy Kacer
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight190 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.