All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of the work of John Shlien is exactly what the subtitle says: 'an invitation to think about client-centered therapy and the person-centered approach'. It features John's best-kwn work alongside some lesser-kw papers and a handful of hitherto unpublished essays. John Shlien was one of the most influential of Carl Rogers' students and associates, as a writer, researcher and academic. With a witty, provocative style as a writer and speaker, John was an insightful commentator and creative theorist, able to provoke vigorous debate wherever he went. This collection gives the reader a chance to sample the breadth of his ideas.
- Author BiographyJohn Shlien (1918 - 2002) was a student, colleague and friend of Carl Rogers at the University of Chicago from the late 1940s. He moved to Harvard in 1967 as Professor of Education and Counseling Psychology. Although dedicated to 'pure' Client-Centered Therapy, his career was marked by interdisciplinary projects at Harvard and he published many influential papers and chapters on a wide variety of topics in psychology, counseling and psychotherapy over nearly 50 years.
- Author(s)John M. Shlien
- PublisherPCCS Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPCCS Books
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPete Sanders
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.