All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo Live and Die in America details how the United States has among the worst indicators of health in the industrialised world and at the same time spends significantly more on its health care system than any other industrial nation. Robert Chermas and Ian Hudson explain this contradictory phemen as the product of the unique brand of capitalism that has developed in the US. It is this particular form of capitalism that created both the social and ecomic conditions that largely influence health outcomes and the inefficient, unpopular and inaccessible health care system that is incapable of dealing with them. The authors argue that improving health in America requires a change in the conditions in which people live and work as well as a restructured health care system.
- Author BiographyRobert Chernomas is Professor of Economics at the University of Manitoba, Canada. He is co-author (with ian Hudson) of Economics in the Twenty-first Century: A Critical Perspective (University of Toronto Press, 2016) and To Live and Die in America: Class, Class, Power Health and Health Care (Pluto Press, 2013). Ian Hudson is Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Manitoba, Canada. He is the co-author (with Robert Chernomas) of Economics in the Twenty-first Century: A Critical Perspective (University of Toronto Press, 2016) and To Live and Die in America: Class, Class, Power Health and Health Care (Pluto Press, 2013).
- Author(s)Ian Hudson,Robert Chernomas
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleThe Future of World Capitalism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight426 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.