All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhat goes into making a life successful and what does success mean? If you think about a life as a chemical equation, then the elements are obvious: family, work, purpose. The key is discovering how to get the balance just right. In To Make a Difference, Montreal entrepreneur and philanthropist Morris Goodman shares his personal and professional prescription for success and enduring happiness. Born in 1931 in Montreal to Ukrainian immigrants during the worst days of the Great Depression, Goodman recounts the events, strategies, and lucky breaks that led to a thriving company and a life of philanthropic accomplishments. From his first job as a pharmacy delivery boy to his graduation from the University of Montreal's Faculty of Pharmacy - when he had already started his own pharmaceutical company - through the crucial moments that created an international business, Goodman depicts stirring accounts of Montreal's Jewish community and the development of the global pharmaceutical industry. Along the way, he presents vivid, generous portraits of colleagues and business collaborators. To Make a Difference is a powerful rags-to-riches story but it is also much more - it is a heartfelt, candid, and inspiring exploration of what makes our lives rich, what we value, and why.
- Author BiographyMorris Goodman, a Montreal-based pharmacist and philanthropist, is co-founder and Chairman of Pharmascience Inc. Joel Yanofsky's most recent book is Bad Animals: A Father's Accidental Education in Autism.
- Author(s)Joel Yanofsky,Morris Goodman
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note24 pages of b&w photos
- Weight467 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.