All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on classical Chinese poetics and English criticism from the eighteenth century to the Romantic period, this book is an intercultural study of the poetics of nature imagery. It addresses the two interrelated issues of mental perception and poetic representation of nature and pays special attention to theories of integrating natural imagery and human sentiment. By contextualizing several major premises covering a similar area of critical concern in two different traditions, it suggests the possibility of constructing a common poetics in a specifically demarcated area.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Xiaoshan Yang is an assistant professor of Chinese at the University of Montana. He received his Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from Harvard University.
- Author(s)Xiaoshan Yang
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAsian Thought and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.