Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.56+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.45+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by maraalda
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description*** Winner of the Dylan Thomas Prize 2014 and shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2014 *** 'The Catch-22 of dentistry' Stephen King Joshua Ferris's dazzling new vel To Rise Again at a Decent Hour is about the meaning of life, the certainty of death, and the importance of good oral hygiene. There's thing like a dental chair to remind a man that he's alone in the world ...Paul O'Rourke - dentist extraordinaire, reluctant New Yorker, avowed atheist, disaffected Red Sox fan, and a conisseur of the afteron mochacci - is a man out of touch with modern life. While his dental practice occupies his days, his nights are filled with darker thoughts, as he alternately marvels at and rails against the optimism of the rest of humanity. So it goes, until someone begins to impersonate Paul online. What began as an outrageous violation of privacy soon becomes something far more soul-frightening: the possibility that the virtual 'Paul' might be a better version of the man in the flesh ...'Frenetic, very funny, it confirms Ferris as a rising star of American fiction' Mail on Sunday 'Glorious ...A very, very funny vel' BBC Radio 4 Saturday Review 'Dismayingly funny in the way that only really serious books can be' Guardian Joshua Ferris was born in Illiis in 1974. He is the author of Then We Came to the End (2007), which was minated for the National Book Award and longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award, and the highly acclaimed The Unnamed. In 2010 he was selected for the New Yorker's prestigious '20 under 40' list. In 2014 To Rise Again At A Decent Hour won the Dylan Thomas Prize and was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. Joshua Ferris lives in New York.
- Author BiographyJoshua Ferris was born in Illinois in 1974. He is the author of Then We Came to the End (2007), which was nominated for the National Book Award and longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award, and the highly acclaimed The Unnamed. In 2010 he was selected for the New Yorker's prestigious '20 under 40' list. In 2014 To Rise Again at a Decent Hour won the Dylan Thomas Prize and was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. He lives in upstate New York.
- PrizesWinner of Dylan Thomas Prize 2014. Shortlisted for Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2014.
- Author(s)Joshua Ferris
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight252 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $14.46Trending at AU $15.42
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.