To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Persuading, Convincing, and Influencing Others by Daniel H. Pink (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife is all about pitching. The problem is that we're t very good at it. Each day millions of people earn their keep by convincing someone else to make a purchase. They sell planes to airlines, oil shares to sheiks, cars to drivers. They sell consulting agreements, magazine subscriptions, time-shares, double glazing, broadband, fitted kitchens, car insurance, life insurance, pet insurance! Some work in fancy offices with glorious views, others in dreary cubicles, but most look exactly like you. In fact, each and every one of us spends time trying to persuade others to part with resources - money, time, attention - though most of the time we don't realise we're doing it. Parents sell their kids on going to bed. Spouses sell their partners on mowing the lawn or putting the cat out. We sell our bosses on giving us more money and more time off. And in astonishing numbers we go online to sell ourselves on Facebook, Twitter and in Match.com profiles. What businesses, politicians and academics don't seem to have realised yet is that we're all in sales w. In this new book from the bestselling author of Drive, Daniel Pink explores the ways in which we can all improve our sales acumen in every area of our lives and identifies the three personal qualities and three essential skills necessary to move people. Relying on science rather than platitudes and analysis instead of exhortation, Pink shows that sales isn't what it used to be, that the low road of deceit and trickery is longer a viable option, and that success in any kind of persuasion or influence w depends on being more human. Brimming with new and inspiring ideas on peddling, pitching and persuading, this book presents us with the tools and the tips to change the way we sell our products, our ideas and ourselves.
- Author BiographyDaniel H. Pink is the author of the long-running New York Times and BusinessWeek bestseller A Whole New Mind. He has written for the New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Fast Company and Wired, wherehe is a contributing editor. He has provided analysis for CNN, CNBC,ABC, NPR and other networks in the U.S. and abroad. Pink lectures on economic transformation and the new workplace at corporations, associations and universities around the world, and was a keynote speaker at TED's 2009 Global Conference in Oxford. He lives in Washington DC, with his family.
- Author(s)Daniel H. Pink
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/06/2016
- Weight401 g
- Width143 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.