All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of a young man's experiences as a pilot in the Royal Canadian Air Force and the US Army Eighth Air Force in World War II.
- Author BiographyBorn on a farm in Georgia in 1924, moved to a cotton mill town in North Carolina in 1930. Grew up there and graduated from High School in June, 1941. Left three days later for Canada and joined the Royal Canadian Air Force. Went through flight training and graduated as a Sergeant Pilot in March, 1942. Was sent overseas to England, where he was attached to the Royal Air Force. Spent two and a half years in Europe, first with the RAF and then with the U. S. Eighth Air Force. Was shot down on a bombing mission over Friedrichshaffen, Germany on March 18, 1944. Parachuted into Switzerland and was interned there. Escaped into France in October, 1944, made his way back to England and was returned home to the United States. When the war ended he was flying C-54 Transport planes from California to the Central Pacific in the Air Transport Command. Went on inactive duty in March, 1946, and began a forty-three-year civilian career in Sales and Sales Management. Retired in 1989 as Vice-President of a Cleveland, Ohio consumer products company. Sidney Bolick now lives in Milan, Tennessee, where he is a member of Post 4780 of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, on the Board of Trustees of the Mildred G. Fields Memorial Library, and President of The Friends of the Library. When he isn't writing he spends his time reading, walking, playing golf, and surfing the Internet.
- Author(s)Sidney R. Bolick
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication13/03/2002
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.