Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection, her second volume from Shearsman, Anne Blonstein continues to explore the possibilities of vel poetic forms. These poems have been compared to gemstones, changing in sense and shape and sound according to the particular sign (or space) that catches the eye, or the breath . to be continued is divided into three parts. The short poems of the opening section, 'mistress of the crazy chromosome', are structured by the Jewish date on which they were written. For the long poem 'thou shalt t kill', the Hebrew letters of the sixth commandment provide the skeleton for the poem. The concluding section, which lends its name to the volume, is a sequence of love poems.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1958 in England, Anne Blonstein trained as a geneticist at Cambridge University and moved to Basel, Switzerland, in 1983 to do postdoctoral research. She began publishing poetry in 1987, leaving the world of academic science in 1991 to concentrate on her writing. She now earns a living as a freelance translator and editor. She is the author of five poetry chapbooks and six full-length collections, most recently 'correspondence with nobody' (Ellectrique Press, 2008) and 'the butterflies and the burnings' (Dusie Press, 2009).
- Author(s)Anne Blonstein
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight121 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.