All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a first-hand account of a modern oceagraphic adventure. Dallas Murphy accompanies world-rewned oceagrapher Robert Pickart aboard the research vessel Krr on an expedition to affirm the existence and origin of a previously unkwn oceanic current between Greenland and Iceland. Learning about this current helps us grasp the mechanisms that move oceans, and which ultimately power world-wide weather systems. The book offers a complete multimedia experience of a scientific sea voyage: the vivid narratives of Murphy's daily at-sea journals are illuminated by clear explanations of the cutting-edge oceagraphy that propels the expedition. Stunning photographs of the Nordic Strait and dramatic videos of life aboard the Krr animate the experience, augmenting the text with the sights, sounds and motion of science brought to life.
- Author BiographyDallas Murphy has taken part in five oceanographic expeditions, on ships sponsored by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. He is the author of Rounding the Horn, Plain Sailing and other books. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Dallas Murphy
- PublisherBurford Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationSpringfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBurford Books,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1375 g
- Width255 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.31Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.