All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive political history of Oregon, To the Promised Land also examines the social and ecomic changes the state has pioneered during its almost two hundred years. Highlighting major political figures, campaigns, ballot measures, and the history of legislative sessions, Tom Marsh traces the evolution of Oregon from incorporated territory to a state at the forefront of national environmental and social movements. From Jason Lee s first letter urging Congress to take possession of the Oregon Country to John Kitzhaber s precedent-setting third term as goverr, from the land frauds of the early 20th century to the state s land-use planning goals, from the Beach Bill to the Bottle Bill, this book tells Oregon s story. Featuring interesting trivia, historical photographs, and biographical sketches of key politicians, To the Promised Land is an essential volume for readers interested in Oregon s history.
- Author BiographyTom Marsh taught high school history in Oregon for twenty-eight years. He represented eastern Washington County in the state legislature from 1975 to 1979, and has participated in numerous political campaigns over a span of nearly fifty years. He lives in Salem, Oregon.
- Author(s)Tom Marsh
- PublisherOregon State University
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCorvallis, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOregon State University
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.