All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than 20 years, photographic artist Tobias Madorin has been working on his series Topos. Metropolises like Barcelona and Sao Paulo, a Swiss mountain resort like Grindelwald, or foreign countries like Uganda, Indonesia and Japan: with his large scale images he explores dwellings and landscapes. Madorin creates tableaux, similar to 19th-century painters. His particular interests are places where people gather, places on the outskirts of cities along arterial roads, waste disposal sites, or areas changed and scarred by agriculture and mining. He understands such places as products of human visions and ideals, but also as result of exploitation and greed, as sites of fight for survival. Tobias Madorin - Topos is the first mographic book on Madorin's work, presenting his most important pictures from twenty years. An essay by the journalist and art critic Nadine Olonetzky comments Madorin's oeuvre and puts it in context of contemporary photography and the history of representing landscapes and cities.
- Author BiographyNadine Olonetzky is a cultural journalist and art critic, contributing regularly to the major Swiss weekly newspaper NZZ am Sonntag on photography and art. She is also working as an editor for Scheidegger & Spiess.
- Author(s)Nadine Olonetzky
- PublisherScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- LanguageEnglish & German.
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Content Note101 Colour
- Weight2032 g
- Width350 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.