Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $47.96Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionImagine flying free like a bird. Imagine changing into a bird then back into your own body at will. This is exactly what happens to Toby Fletcher. Brimming with an excitement that leaps from the page, Toby Fletcher's Fly-Away Tree is a fast paced woodland fantasy adventure featuring nine year old Toby and his younger sister Isobel. Toby is being bullied at school. He takes refuge in his hobby, bird watching, and when the bullies hurt a young blackbird, he rescues it. This kind act turns what was an ordinary apple tree in Toby's garden into a magical Fly-Away Tree. What children say about Toby Fletcher's Fly-Away Tree: Lauren: I felt really sorry for Toby when he was being bullied by Mark and David. The characters are really believable. Duncan: I love the way the author always leave me wanting to kw more at the end of each chapter. Amy: I enjoyed the description of the tree, in fact, I enjoyed all of the descriptive writing. It builds a really good picture in my mind. Yasmin: When I read the first page I got a tear in the corner of my eye because the story is so good. Mark: When I finished reading the first chapter I was engrossed. Toby Fletcher's Fly-Away Tree is my favourite thing in the book because it sounds mystical and exciting. I love the part when the children change into birds and the way the forest is described; it really put a picture in my head.
- Author BiographyNicky Jones writes books for children of all ages. Despite being a grown-up, she is full of fun, some might say mischief, and likes to bring magic and mystery, joy and sadness, fear and fun, to her readers through her stories. Nicky taught in Secondary Education for ten years before leaving the profession to bring up her children. She trained as an Integrative Counsellor in 1997, and worked in Primary Care. She is married with two grown-up children and two grown-up step-children. She lives in County Durham, U.K.
- Author(s)Nicky Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dru Marland
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.