All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Kwame Norman awakens to a nightmare of frosty bats, Nouse-Mouse (the virtual computer mouse from the magical land of KaleidoKen) identifies them as Time Vampires. These vampires, he informs Kwame, don't suck blood--they suck time. Kwame's father, a scientist at the National Institute of Standards and Techlogy (NIST), has become one of their prime victims. And w they've turned their attention to feasting on the minutes and hours of Kwame's life. To save his father and himself, Kwame must hazard a kaleidoscope adventure. He barely has time to panic before Nouse-Mouse sends him and three of his friends through the kaleidoscope to the Caverns of the Timely River to serve as Gallant Champions, Defenders of the Fourth Dimension. Their mission: to find the Time, defeat the Time Thieves, and recover the gift of the present. It won't be easy. The Time Vampires aren't the only Time Thieves on the scene: the Champions are ambushed by Not-Now Goblins, driven into Time Forgotten, and tricked by Dally the Dawdle-Doodle into the middle of next week. Worse, Muddle-gmes have been destroying the order of Time by unbraiding carefully woven strands of Past, Present, and Future. Kwame, drawing on his Ashanti heritage, including kente-cloth weaving traditions he learned from his grandfather, thinks he's beginning to get things under control--until he discovers he's living on borrowed Time. Will it run out before the Champions can find the Time and re-braid its tangled strands?
- Author(s)Ellamarie Schroeder
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.