All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKnitwear designer Melissa Morgan-Oakes revolutionized the world of sock-making with 2-at-a-Time Socks. Her ingenious approach showed delighted knitters how to simultaneously create two socks on a single circular needle. With that book, yarn enthusiasts said goodbye forever to second sock syndrome, the frustration of completing one beautiful hand-knit sock, only to remember that ather must be made. Now, Morgan-Oakes turns the approach on its head or rather, its toe with TOE-UP 2-AT-A-TIME SOCKS. Knitters adore toe-up socks for both velty and practicality. Knitters can try on the sock as they work, they never run out of yarn before the foot is complete, and they avoid needing the dreaded kitchener stitch to finish off the toe. Many swear that toe-up socks just plain feel more comfortable, too.
- Author BiographyMelissa Morgan-Oakes learned to crochet, tat, and sew at an early age. Melissa later taught herself to spin and knit, so she brings the perspective of a self-taught knitter to her innovative methods. She now teaches and designs patterns for WEBS, America's Yarn Store. Melissa lives in western Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Melissa Morgan-Oakes
- PublisherStorey Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication16/06/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNorth Adams
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStorey Publishing LLC
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.