All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionTole painting refers to decorative floral designs applied to tinware, traditionally on trays, coffee-pots, teapots, cups, mugs, canisters, document boxes, and match safes. In this book, acclaimed painter Pat Oxenford provides guidance on the tools and materials needed to get started, tips on preparing tin for painting, and techniques for pulling the basic strokes that are the foundation for creating designs. Step-by-step photographs and detailed directions are included for using the strokes to create a variety of folk-art flowers and then several complete projects. A gallery of painted tinware offers inspiration.
- Author BiographyPat Oxenford lives in Douglassville, Pennsylvania, and has been painting in traditional decorative formats for three decades. She is a member of the National Society of Decorative Painters, and Brazer Guild member of the Historical Society of Early American Decoration, and was selected as one of the top 200 craftsmen working in traditional forms by Early American Life magazine.
- Author(s)Pat Oxenford
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note150 colour photos
- Weight839 g
- Width235 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.