All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo my mind, and I'm a pretty tough critic, he's the best writer of his generation. Bar ne. Cally Phillips (Director of the Edinburgh eBook Festival) Winner of the 2012 IBB Best Overall Book Award Winner of the 2012 IBB Best Psychological Fiction Award Winner of the 2013 eFestival of Words Best Literary Fiction Novel Award The first book in the award winning FRUGALITY Trilogy. When Beatles-obsessed alcoholic, Simon Anthony, attempts to drown himself in the Tollesbury Salt Marshes he hopes that his tortuous time on this earth will be at an end. To his dismay he awakes in the local village lock-up. He is still in Tollesbury but the year is 1836. Or is it? When you have a diagsis of schizophrenia there's telling just what is real and what is t real. That's if you even exist at all...
- Author BiographyStuart Ayris was born in the Summer of 1969 in Dagenham, just on the border of East London. School was largely unproductive so his early adult years were spent putting up stalls at Romford Market, working in a record shop, gardening and road sweeping. After resigning from an insurance company to play in a band, he found himself unemployed for two years in the early nineties. It was during this time, at the age of 22, that he wrote his first novel - A Cleansing of Souls. Stuart wrote his second novel, Tollesbury Time Forever, between 2008 and 2011. This would become the first book of the FRUGALITY Trilogy - the second being The Bird That Nobody Sees, which was published in July 2012. The final part of the trilogy - I Woke Up This Morning - was released in April 2013. In terms of writing, his heroes are Jack Kerouac, John Steinbeck, Kris Kristofferson, Bob Dylan and Tom Waits. In between writing novels, Stuart Ayris has been married twice, has three children and has worked as a mental health nurse since 1997.
- Author(s)Stuart Ayris
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byKath Middleton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.62
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.