All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOccupational safety and health management theory is w rightly focused on pro-activity, risk assessment and management. But it remains important that organizations kw what they need to do when accidents happen, both to comply with legislation and to extract all the information from the incident to improve their health and safety management. Tolley's Workplace Accident Handbook presents in a single volume what needs to be done when an accident occurs - from emergency procedures and legal reporting requirements through to formal investigations and possible legal proceedings. In this new edition, chapters on first aid and accident investigation reports have been added and the rehabilitation chapter has been updated to cover the latest insurance industry initiatives. The Handbook also shows how to learn from the accident data gathered and how to implement recommendations into a company's health and safety management system. The text is supported by checklists, case studies and ready-to-use forms and templates. Health and Safety practitioners in all industries will find this Handbook is packed full of practical and legal advice. It will also be of use to lawyers dealing with accident claims, insurance risk managers, emergency planning, first aid, and enforcement officers, as well as to students on health and safety and specialist accident investigation courses. Mark Tyler is a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner and a leading Solicitor in the area of health and safety law who has worked on numerous high profile cases such as rail crashes and legionnaires disease. His expertise is supplemented with the practical kwledge of other experts in their individual subject areas.
- Author BiographyMark Tyler is a Partner of Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. and a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioners. He is recognized as one of the U.K.'s top lawyers in the areas of product liability and health & safety law. His clients include multinationals, insurers and public sector bodies. He has been at the forefront of developing workplace health and safety as a recognized legal discipline. He has advised on corporate governance and management responsibilities, legal compliance audits and major accident investigations, conducted health and safety due diligence inquiries in corporate transactions, and defended large numbers of prosecutions brought by government agencies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight696 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMark Tyler
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.