All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom Diaper's Logbook is the memoir of a remarkable man and a rare opportunity to read first-hand about the drama, conflict and fascinating details that made up the life of a for-hire racing skipper during the glory days of racing. Tom Diaper wrote his memoirs on scraps of paper and old cigarette papers and these were pulled together to give a narrative of his life from a toddler on his father's yacht until his retirement as a skipper. The book tells of dramatic races with the German Kaiser, working for the Pinkerton Detective Agency, both World Wars and other exciting adventures over Tom's lifetime. The book was first published in 1950, a year after Tom's death, and has been popular amongst sailors and sailing enthusiasts ever since. Now reissued with the original photos plus explanatory foottes and a foreword from rewned sailor and fan of the book, Tom Cunliffe, Tom Diaper's Logbook is an ideal gift for lovers of sea stories, action and real-life adventure.
- Author BiographyCaptain Tom Diaper (1867-1949) was one of the most renowned racing skippers of the late 19th and early 20th century. His family can trace their roots back to 1066. The family is intrinsically linked with Itchen Ferry village and Southampton and is a major part of the area's maritime history.
- Author(s)Captain Tom Diaper
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteBlack and white photos
- Weight306 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byTom Cunliffe
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.