Tomahawk Leadership: Physician Alignment Manual by Benito a Alvarez MD (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionHealthcare in America is rapidly changing, and with it, so are the relationships between doctors and hospitals. More than ever, both must be aligned at multiple levels to survive and thrive in a value-based world.This book is for: Leaders of healthcare organizations who would like to better understand the physician/system dynamic; leaders of medical groups who would like to more effectively engage the professionals they serve; leaders who are seeking to better understand the various physician alignment and compensation models available; leaders who are stuck in poorly performing organizations, t necessarily healthcare-related, in need of rapid turn-around. The authors, one a physician leader, the other an operations expert---both seasoned executives in a high-profile healthcare organization in the Midwest---developed and applied a leadership style, Tomahawk Leadership, to turn-around a struggling employed physician group, and in so doing, revitalized its parent health system in remarkably short order.
- Author BiographyBenito Alvarez MD, FACOG, MBA, CPE, JD, FACHE (pending) is an Ob/Gyn who throughout his career has held numerous leadership roles in major healthcare organizations, namely the Cleveland Clinic and Akron General Health System. He is presently Akron General's Senior Vice-President of Physician Alignment and President of Partners Physician Group. The son of Cuban refugees, he believed it his duty to join the US Air Force Reserves after the September 11th attacks, where he served as a flight surgeon and engaged in counter-intelligence activities. He has a special interest in organizational achievement through the power of the personal relationship. Jeffrey D. Pike, MHA, RN, NE-BC graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing at Kent State and with a Masters in Health Care Administration from The Ohio State University. Jeff has a long time career in hospital administration, nursing leadership, and service line development. Jeff is currently Vice President of Akron General's Partners Physician Group. He is a passionate advocate of transformational patient care, process efficiency, and creating long term partnerships with physicians. In his spare time he teaches Masters level courses at Akron University and Kent State. He is also the recipient of Crain's Business 40 under 40 and Kent State's Barbara Donaho Distinguished Leadership in Learning Award.
- Author(s)Benito a Alvarez MD
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.