All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis science fiction adventure story is set in the country of Erasia, on planet Orb. Here time runs backwards. You are raised up out of the ground as an old person full of experience, kwing everything about the future. As you dutifully follow through the main events of your life, as mapped out for you by the Goddess of the underworld from where you came, all kwledge of them is progressively erased. Ultimately, as a helpless baby kwing thing, you are inserted in your mother's womb. Nine months later: oblivion. But the man, Nomolos, yearns for the freedom to decide for himself what he should do with his life. This sets him on a collision course with the sinister Portent Enforcement Agency...
- Author BiographyRussell Stannard is a prolific author of award-winning books for children and for adults. His Uncle Albert books have been translated into 20 languages, and one of them, 'Uncle Albert and the Quantum Quest' was for a time the Number 1 UK paperback bestseller. For his work in making science accessible to children and to the public in general, he was awarded an OBE by The Queen, and has received the Bragg Medal of the Institute of Physics. He has worked with many leading publishers, including Faber and Faber, HarperCollins, Lion Hudson, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, etc. He was involved in setting up the UK's Open University (the UK's largest university with over 250,000 students) where he headed the Department of Physics and Astronomy for 25 years. His research field was high energy physics, which he conducted at the CERN laboratory in Geneva and in major US laboratories. Besides his scientific work, he is a licensed lay minister in the Anglican Church, and a Member of the Center for Theological Inquiry at Princeton, USA. He is also a sculptor in his spare time, his work in this area being the subject of a BBC TV documentary. He has 16 grandchildren, and one great grandchild - so far. 'Tomb to Womb' is his first venture into writing science fiction.
- Author(s)Russell Stannard
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.