Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt takes a book as versatile as its subject to cover Apache Tomcat, the popular open source Servlet and JSP container and high performance web server. Tomcat: The Definitive Guide is a valuable reference for administrators and webmasters, a useful guide for programmers who want to use Tomcat as their web application server during development or in production, and an excellent introduction for anyone interested in Tomcat. Updated for the latest version of Tomcat, this new edition offers a complete guide to installing, configuring, maintaining and securing this servlet container. In fact, with such a wealth of new information, this is essentially a new book rather than a simple revision. You will find details for using Tomcat on all major platforms, including Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, and FreeBSD, along with specifics on Tomcat configuration files, and step-by-step advice for deploying and running web applications. This book offers complete information for: * Installation and startup procedures * Configuring Tomcat-including realms, roles, users, servlet sessions, and JNDI resources including JDBC DataSources * Deploying web applications-individual servlets and JSP pages, and web application archive files * Tuning Tomcat to measure and improve performance * Integrating Tomcat with Apache Web Server * Securing Tomcat to keep online thugs at bay * Tomcat configuration files-server.xml and web.xml, and more * Debugging and Troubleshooting-diagsing problems with Tomcat or a web application * Compiling your own Tomcat, rather than using the pre-built release * Running two or more Tomcat servlet containers in parallel This book also offers an overview of the Tomcat open source project's community resources, including docs, mailing lists, and more. Community interest fueled a strong demand for a Tomcat guide from O'Reilly. The result clearly exceeds expectations.
- Author BiographyJason Brittain is a Senior Principal Software Engineer for Orbital Sciences Corporation, working at NASA's Ames Research Center on theKepler Space Telescope mission (http: //kepler.nasa.gov).Jason is a co-author of Tomcat: The Definitive Guide, now in itssecond edition, and has written some web articles for O'Reilly'sOnJava.com web site.Before joining the team on the Kepler mission, Jason was a SeniorSoftware Engineer at Symantec Corporation working on the BrightmailAntiSpam appliance product line's control center web application.Jason's specialties include Java software development, Tomcat webapplication development and deployment, scalability and faulttolerance, and Apache Ant build systems, and Linux systemadministration. He has contributed to many Apache Jakarta projects, and has been an active open source software developer for severalyears.Ian Darwin has worked in the computer industry for three decades: with Unix since 1980, Java since 1995, and OpenBSD since 1998. He wrote the freeware file(1) command used on Linux and BSD and is the author of Checking C Programs with Lint and Java Cookbook (both O'Reilly), as well as over 70 articles, in addition to university and commercial course material on C and Unix. Besides programming and consulting, Ian teaches Unix, C, and Java for Learning Tree International, one of the world's largest technical training companies.
- Author(s)Ian F. Darwin,Jason Brittain
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication06/11/2007
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight784 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.