Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionTomorrow Never Kws takes us back to the primal scene of the 1960s and asks: what happened when young people got high and listened to rock as if it really mattered as if it offered meaning and sustenance, t just escape and entertainment? What did young people hear in the music of Dylan, Hendrix, or the Beatles? Bromell's pursuit of these questions radically revises our understanding of rock, psychedelics, and their relation to the politics of the 60s, exploring the period's controversial legacy, and the reasons why being experienced has been an essential part of American youth culture to the present day.
- Author BiographyNick Bromell is an associate professor of English and American literature at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He is author of By the Sweat of the Brow: Literature and Labor in Antebellum America, published by the University of Chicago Press, and of numerous articles that have appeared in publications such as Harper's and Tikkun.
- Author(s)Nick Bromell
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.